CAREERS IN B.COM.Go through the career opportunities of B.COM, Govt jobs and Employment News channel from Freshersworld.com – The No.1 job portal for freshers in India. Visit http://www.freshersworld.com?src=Youtube for detailed Career information,Job Opportunities,Education details of B.COM.
B COM is a bachelor’s degree of commerce. It is an undergraduate degree also known as Bachelor of commerce and Administration or BCA. This degree is a three year full time course in commerce and the related subjects. Students can pursue this degree after completing their plus two. Commerce now days are the first choice after sciences because of the variety of streams it opens ahead.
The students opting this degree are exposed to the learning of managerial skills, building competence in particular area of business and the diverse other subjects such as:
Accounting: This subject in commerce deals with preparation of final accounts of the companies, balance sheets, profit and loss statements, calculating shares and debentures or the goodwill of the companies etc.
Finance: This subject would explain about the financial analysis, managing the working capital of the companies and its related components.
Business economics, Statistics: It covers the concepts like demand and supply laws, theories of pricing, elasticity and the returns under different market conditions.
Human Resources: This would basically include the concepts of managing, operating, leading, guiding and recruiting the staff of the companies.
The students can pursue M. Com but only after completing graduation successfully from the recognised university.
ALL OVER COURSES AVAILABLE
The other courses one can step into after 12 are as follows:
• Finance and Banking: There are both Public and private sector banks in India. Career in both the bank types is quiet lucrative. The students from the field of commerce can prefer to continue with bank jobs. There are number of colleges and universities in India that offer bachelor degree in banking including specialisation in equity debts, strategic planning, financing, banking.The fees of these courses depend from college to college.
• Chartered Accountancy (CA): Chartered accountancy is also one of the best career options that provide best job opportunities both at private and public organizations. According to the companies act, only CA’s are entitled to audit the reports of the companies. In order to pursue CA, one has to be the member of Institute of chartered accountants of India (ICAI).
• Company Secretary (CS): Company secretary’s fundamental task is to provide guidance and advise on all the legal matters of the company and also to ensure the company is following all the norms, regulations imposed on it by the government.The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) offers this course.
• Stock Broking: If you are highly passionate about understanding the Sensex work, handling company’s finances, then stock broking is a good career choice for you. Some of the colleges with stock broking courses are:
Institute of capital market development, New Delhi
All India Centre for capital market studies, Nashik
• Agriculture economics: It is a field that combines all the micro and macro factors of agriculture, crops, weather conditions, animals and the farm resources. It vastly deals with the agricultural issues but not just limited to logistics, farm resources, supply and the output.Some of the colleges in India are:
University of Allahabad
University of Agricultural sciences.
The companies or organizations that hire graduates from this domain are:
• Banks (both public and private)
• Public organisations
• Software industries
The graduates from the field of commerce can get from Rs 15000 – Rs 20,000 per month, depending upon the field of specialisation and the institute.
There are many colleges and institute that offers commerce degrees:
• Loyola college, Chennai
• Presidency College, Chennai
• Sri Ram College of commerce, Delhi
• St. Xavier’s Mumbai
• College of Commerce, Patna
For more jobs & career information and daily job alerts, subscribe to our channel and support us. You can also install our Mobile app for govt jobs for getting regular notifications on your mobile.
Freshersworld.com is the No.1 job portal for freshers jobs in India.
Check Out website for more Jobs & Careers.
***Disclaimer: This is just a career guidance video for fresher candidates. The name, logo and properties mentioned in the video are proprietary property of the respective companies. The career and job information mentioned are an indicative generalised information. In no way Freshersworld.com, indulges into direct or indirect recruitment process of the respective companies.
Video Rating: / 5